No sooner have I written one blog than my inbox is full of more information about the creativity and ingenuity of the wonderful folk community. All these gigs are in addition to those I have posted about in earlier blogs.
- Tonight (Sunday 19 April) at 7.00pm Daoiri Farrell presents another gig from his home on Facebook
- On Friday 24 April at 7.30pm Christine Collister is presenting ‘CC Live in Lockdown’ from her Facebook page
- On Tuesday 28 April at 7.30pm (UK time) Flossie Malavialle (beloved of many especially fans of Costa del Folk) is doing an online gig on her Facebook page
- Chris While and Julie Matthews are doing a third ‘Live from the Lounge’ request show on Sunday 3 May at 7.30pm on their Facebbok page. Due to a technical hitch, show no 2 was not recorded but if all goes well for no 3, the show will also be available after the live session
- Ciaran Algar is continuing his wonderful daily series of first class collaborations on his Facebook page and he has started his Kickstarter campaign today, to raise funds to have an album made within 2 months. Every musician appearing on the album will be paid Musician’s Union rates for their time, and every penny raised over the goal will go towards providing funds for as many musicians and people involved with the Folk scene as possible.Every penny counts, and all donations are hugely appreciated, however small.Please help if you can. https://www.kickstarter.com/…/ciarans-corona-collaborations…
- Every Saturday at 10.00pm Tim Edey does a two hour (plus) Facebook concert of soothing Celtic Music on acoustic guitar and other instruments called ‘The Sleeping Tunes’
And some more (sad) festival news:
- St Albans Folk Festival has been postponed from June to 25 – 27 September.
- Whitby Folk Week has been postponed until 21 to 27 August 2021
- Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival has been postponed to 12-14 August 2021
Thank goodness I bought a 2021 diary just before the lockdown!!
That’s all for now folks. Stay safe and enjoy the music.