This just in from Redbourn Folk Club:
Redbourn Folk on the Common this year is on Sunday June 11th, 2.00pm – 6.00pm
More details from the Folk Club… www.redbournfolkclub.org.uk/
A note from Bedford Fine Companions (just in case!)… It seems we put the dates for their forthcoming public dances as below in the Diary section of Issue 137, but not in the Shall We Dance bit…
Public Dances: Newnham Middle School Polhill Avenue Bedford MK41 9DT
- 7.30 -11 pm Entrance £7 Please bring a plate of food to share
- Saturday 14/1 Caller – Nigel Close, Band – Narrow Escape
- Saturday 11/3 Caller – Mark Elvins, Band – Portland Drive
Please also note that their website address has now changed: https://finecompanions.wordpress.com
Here are some Diary dates for St Neots Folk Club – see their ad on page 7 of Issue 136:
- October 4: Phil Hare Nov 1 Jody Kruskal
- October 11: Tania Opland & Mike Freeman Nov 8 Open Stage
- October 18: Liz Simcock Nov 15 Bram Taylor
- October 25: Round the Room Nov 22 Sarah McQuaid
- November 29: Round the Room
- December 6: Greg Russell
- December 13: Jim Causley £10.00 & £11.00
- December 20: Club Christmas Party
- December 28: Club Closed – reopens Jan 3rd – New Year Singaround
St Neots Folk Club
The Priory Centre,
St. Neots, PE19 2BH
Every Tuesday 8.00pm
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 01234 376278
In addition to their ad on page 2 of Issue 136 (see below), here are some dates from Redbourn Folk Club for the coming period:
- October 6: BERNARD HOSKINS and floor spots
- October 20 LIZ SIMCOCK and floor spots
- October 27 Richard Scruton 1945 – 2016: FOLK, BLUES & BEYOND, to celebrate Richard’s love of Music
- November 3: CARRIVICK SISTERS and floor spots
- November 17: STORYWHEEL and floor spots
- December 1: BOB FOX and floor spots
- December 15: DAVE ELLIS & BOO HOWARD and floor spots
Other dates are Open Stage.
REDBOURN • Redbourn Folk Club
Old School Room, Hollybush PH, Church End, Redbourn AL3 7DU
Contact: Jenny McNaught, 01582 793164 www.redbournfolkclub.org.uk
- Friday October 14th – The Watch with caller Bob Morgan
- Friday November 11th – Chalktown with caller Sheena Masson
- Saturday December 31st – Banter with caller Barry Goodman (advance ticket only)
Oops! Unfortunately it seems that in the last issue (Issue 135) we made a major error in the entries for Whitchurch Morris in the Morris Diary pages (pages 34 & 35).
The following entries for WHITCHURCH on July 6th, 9th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 30th; August 31st; September 5th, 11th 21st and 28th are unfortunately complete errors and nothing to do with them!
Many apologies both to the club and to anyone who may have attended as a result of our mistake.
Please note that Whitchurch MM resume their practices on Tuesday 4th October at 8.15 p.m. at Wilstone Village Hall HP23 4PE, [and afterwards in The Half Moon] and that new or returning men interested in dancing or as musicians will be very welcome!
We’ve had a note from one of the organisers to say that the Kings Arms session (marked down as happening in Tring on Tuesday evenings, page 14 in Issue 134) no longer exists…
Please spread the work if appropriate….
Oops! We seemingly printed the wrong Unicorn Ceilidhs ad on Page 24 of Issue 134 of the latest magazine…. A huge apology to them!
Here is the correct ad – we will replace it in all the online versions but please spread the work to anyone you can think of!
This just in from the organisers of the above concert:
Really excited about the Gala Concert on Friday at the Maltings. Everyone is getting geared up and hopefully the audience is as well. A star studded line up with Pete Morton, Louise Jordan, Allcock & Brown and Mike Ruff plus brief appearances from three surprise guests.
Mike’s latest CD, The Wife of the Soldier, has just arrived and this will be the first chance for anyone to buy it. Plenty of songs to sing and plenty more to listen to. The wine is ordered so come along and help make it the party we all expect. Tickets still available through the Maltings web site, Ticketsource and Tourist information or just turn up at the door (but we might run out of wine)
or click the image below for the flyer: