The sun is shining and it’s a Bank Holiday weekend – but not as we know it!
Luckily as we are staying at home to protect ourselves and the NHS, there is plenty of wonderful music to keep us cheerful and entertained:
- Steve Knightley has uploaded his show ‘A Musical Journey’ to the official Show of Hands Facebook page
- Miranda Sykes is doing another of her wonderful living room concerts on Easter Saturday 11 April at 7.30pm. See her Facebook page for details
- Phil Beer has posted a session on the Vintage Viator 12 string guitar on his Facebook page
- Ninebarrow have announced another concert from their dining room on Saturday 2 May. See Facebook for details
And there is so much more going on – see the previous blogs for information about Kirsty Merryn’s festival stating on Easter Saturday, Folks as Home Festival, Folk on Foot Festival and so many other events, too numerous to mention. And all to enjoy in the safety and comfort of your home.
Sadly but not unexpectedly, I also have to report that several of our favourite summer festivals have been postponed to 2021. The new dates have been published so you can put them in your diaries now:
- Folk by the Oak – now 18 July 2021
- Ely Folk Festival – now 9 to 11 July 2021
- Shrewsbury Folk Festival – now 27 to 30 August 2021
- Towersey Festival – now 27 to 30 August 2021
No news yet about Kimpton Festival or Warwick Folk Festival – their websites indicate that they are still planning to go ahead but are considering all options before making a decision.
As before, my best advice is to check with the organiser of any event or festival before taking any action or making plans.
In the meantime, enjoy the sunshine and the online music and do all you can to keep music live and support the artists in this unprecedented time.
Best wishes and stay safe
Sandra Lawes (Editor)